I’m Allison Wilmes and am so happy you’re visiting.
I started Wise Moves to help those suffering from low back and hip pain. My unique blend of holistic movement therapy is the result of many years of intensive training and practice in:
- seeing the unconscious postural and movement patterns that lead to pain
- learning the best way to position the body to keep it pain-free
- re-establishing communication between the brain and muscles to change muscle tightness
- understanding the way our bones, muscles, and connective tissue work together
- breaking down and modifying traditional yoga postures to keep them safe and accessible for everyone
- incorporating aligned, functional movements throughout the day to build new movement habits
- facilitating positive change through the latest research in neuroplasticity
Almost 20 years ago, I developed sacroiliac (SI) dysfunction, a disabling pain in my low back. Medical professionals dismissed my pain as imaginary. In the process of exploring alternative modalities, I learned how to use yoga and mindfulness techniques, somatics, and postural training to relieve my pain and reclaim my life. I also developed a unique way of working with the natural actions of the hips and legs. That experience and training now guides my work with others in back pain.
Helping my clients return to an active, useful life puts the bounce in my step. Whether that means being able to work again with focus and energy, taking up hobbies that had been forsaken, or playing with the grandchildren, my clients find renewed enthusiasm and excitement when they can once again do what provides purpose and meaning in their life.
If you’d like to get out of pain and back to what you love doing, schedule a free, 30 minute Break Out of Back Pain session with me today. We’ll explore your needs and goals, and how you can break out of back pain for good!
- Gokhale Method of Primal Posture® Foundations course with Esther Gokhale, plus continuing education classes
- Certified as a Yoga Therapist by the International Association of Yoga Therapists in 2016
- 1,000+ hour yoga therapy training through The International Soma Yoga Institute in Duluth, MN in 2014 (For more information about soma yoga, read my article: Somatics: The New Alignment Tool published in the July/August 2014 edition of Yoga Chicago)
- Over 300 hours of training with nationally recognized yoga teachers and therapists in alignment-based yoga and anatomy, pose modifications, fascial lines, and adaptive yoga for special populations
- Over 275 hours of apprenticeship in alignment-based therapeutics with master teacher Gabriel Halpern at Yoga Circle, Chicago 2007-2013
- 200 hour yoga teacher training through Eight Limbs Yoga in 2003
All of my training and expertise is targeted to help you get out of back and hip pain.
I’m the right person to help you if your low back or hip pain is due to:
- herniated discs
- degenerative disc disease
- sacroiliac (SI) instability
- chronic back pain or stiffness
- or if you are looking to regain fluid walking movement after surgery or an injury.
To get out of pain and back to what you love doing, schedule a free, 30 minute Break Out of Back Pain session with me today. We’ll explore your needs and goals, and how you can break out of back pain for good!